The Catholic Church system is no stranger to pedophilic priests at this day and age. It was no stranger to them 20 years ago, for that matter.This is an epidemic that has been coming on for many years and we have yet to create a perfect system to completely abolish it.
While, we trust in the Pope to protect our children, we must remember he is just one man. We must not hold him accountable for the sinful acts of others. He is battling many pedophiles and many different instances of child molestation. He is struggling to protect the innocence of those honest priests, while also searching for truth and justice for the children who have become victims.
Can you imagine someone slandering Mother Theresa’s name through the dirt due to her beliefs? I wouldn’t believe it either, but many have! When I think of Mother Theresa I think of a saintly woman helping all those in need. I do not think of those who oppose her stance on the spiritual goodness of poverty. Nor do I think of those who are against her stance against abortion.I think of all the good she has done.
Photo Courtesy: archdioceseofcolumbo.com
The same holds true with Pope Benedict.
Perhaps the Pope did wait too long to take action. Perhaps he should have brought the matter into the public eye sooner. But he is just one man.

No comments:
Post a Comment